Thursday 22 March 2012

{First Birthday Afternoon Tea Party}

It's my daughter's first birthday in April and I'm in the process of organising a little afternoon tea party for her. Nothing fancy, just some tea and cupcakes with a few friends and family. However, I've found some adorable accessories (I couldn't help myself!) and thought I would share them here with some of my inspiration pictures from Pinterest.

The Invitation...




The Birthday Cake & Cupcakes...

If only I could decorate cupcakes like this!! {Cotton & Crumbs}

How gorgeous are these rose cupcakes!! {Hello Naomi on Flickr}




The Table...





The Details...

Truly Scrumptious teapot individual cake stands... how cute are these!!!

And I also purchased the matching Utterly Scrumptious Cupcake/Sandwich Stand...


The Birthday Girl Outfit...


I don't think I'll be buying an outfit especially for the party - she already has a very cute red tutu from Christmas - but if I have time I was going to applique on a number '1' onto a baby vest and she can wear that with the tutu. I also bought some fabric to make some bunting, which I thought I could decorate the table with and then use in their bedroom afterwards... I'm just not sure if I'm going to have time to make it. Watch this space to see how I get on!

6 comments:

  1. Best of luck, you'll have so much fun getting it all ready! I might have to get one of those cake stands too, LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh its going to be such an adorable party ! great idea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the lovely comments. Invites went out yesterday and I've already had a message from one mummy to say it arrived and how cute it was!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your ideas! I'm researching the very same thing for my little girl's first birthday and these image boards are fabulous. Hope you had a wonderful party. Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great artіcle. I am dеaling with a fеω of thesе issues as well.
    .
    My web blog : family birthday party

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been bгoωsing online greater than thrеe hours thеse
    days, уet ӏ by nо means found any іnteresting aгtіcle like yοuгs.
    It іѕ lονelу price enοugh fοг me.
    Personally, іf аll sitе ownеrs and blοggers mаde eхcellеnt content mateгial as уou dіd, the web can be a lot morе useful than ever before.
    My page math games fun for kids

    ReplyDelete

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...