Wednesday 3 October 2012

{Emotional}

I've neglected my blog this past week or so as I've had my very good friend and her three girls staying with me. Her partner Craig is currently in Australia setting them up with a house, car etc and they fly out tomorrow.... it's a permanent move. I'm going to miss them loads. I met Ailsa in hospital when our 3 year olds were born just a day apart. She's been by my side through the good times, and the bad.

I've already had a breakdown and been in tears over her leaving, but tomorrow I need to hold it together as I'm responsible for getting her to the airport and helping her get organised before the flight. She's flying on her own with a 1.5 year old, 3 year old and a 9 year old....!! I bet as soon as she's on the plane though I'll be in pieces.

On top of that, tomorrow evening I'm going up to Aberdeen with my dad and his wife for my sister's wedding this weekend. On Friday, Ali wants to take a small bouquet to our mum's grave and it's going to be an emotional time too. But I need to be the strong one and hold it together.

Then, I've got the wedding ceremony to get through. I'm so happy for my little sister and her future husband is lovely. But I know it's likely to be an emotional time for me with all the stuff that's gone on with me and my husband. I've also not seen some of my family since the split and I'm sure once the drink is flowing they'll be wanting to know the story.

I know I'll manage fine, and I'm going to have an amazing time at the wedding, but I think there are going to be some tough moments to get through too.

Watch this space for the photographs of her big day (I'm chief bridesmaid...like she had an option!).







No comments:

Post a Comment

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...