Tuesday 22 January 2013

{January Joy - 22nd Jan}


Today's #JanuaryJoy prompt from Florence Finds is to 'make something crafty'.

I'm always pinning amazing craft ideas and have great intentions of actually making stuff, but life kinda gets in the way and I always have other things that take priority on my to-do-list.

My current project is Valentine's Day favours for my kids to give their nursery friends.

I'm copying this idea:


I've designed a tag to seal the bags on my computer and have personalised it with a message from my kids. I purchased the cute milk & cookies clipart from Etsy and I also bought the most adorable paper heart straws from Pipii.

Tag, designed by me :-)


Red Heart Straw from Pipii

I was going to bake heart shaped cookies, but this is very much time dependant and I'm not sure I have any! So I might just buy little snack packs of Oreos or other similar cookie.

Does that count as crafting? I hope so! 

The favours look like I've gone to a lot of effort, when they're actually really simple. I shared my Snowman Kisses tag as a printable before Christmas and if I have time I will share this one also. Watch this space!

You can find other Valentine's Day ideas in my previous posts here and here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Beauty with a Conscious

I volunteer most weeks with the Prince and Princess of Wales hospice, located in Bellahouston Park, Glasgow, where I deliver a mindfulness m...